Do you ever have one of those weeks? Ya know, the one's that feel like it's been two weeks instead of one? I can't really pin-point what made it feel so long, but it sure felt long!
On Wednesday, our garbage disposal broke. It didn't stop working...It cracked. Luckily, Dad saved the day. He sells garbage disposals at his work, so we got one at a good price from him. That put Joel on a new adventure. He installed his first garbage disposal. That is one thing I really admire and appreciate about Joel. He can fix most anything, as long as his wants to.
Thursday's I have my ladies Bible study group at my house. I'm very thankful that Joel got the disposal done, and the kitchen all cleaned up before they came. This is a fairly new group, and man, do I have fun. We are doing a Focus on the Family book on "Friendship" and it's been terrific. Plus, I get to have friends over! This week I made the snack. I made scalloped rhubarb. I was surprised that no one had ever had that before, since it's one of my favorite desserts. I made almost a double batch, and the pan was scraped clean. I guess they liked it! I love having friends over to our home.
Saturday we had a clogged drain. It was in the line coming from the washing machine. So, once again, Dad saves the day. He just happened to know a guy who could come out and fix the problem. Thanks, Dad!
Another highlight to my week has been getting back in contact with an "old college friend". Her name is Danielle, and she lives in Canada. We haven't talked or seen each other since 1995. Trying to catch up through email has been fun. Talk about a flood of memories!
Today is Sunday. Joel and JT went to our church today, and I went to church with my friend Christen and her boyfriend Charlie. Christen sang in the service today. She sounded wonderful...and I cried. She is meant to sing...she is meant to sing in church. She's been out of church for a while, and she really hasn't sung a whole lot, so today was a big day for her, and I'm so proud of her for doing it.
We went to Christen's folk's again today and took advantage of their swimming pool. We had a great time. Another friend of Christen's was there and also her niece, so JT had another kid to play with. Just another fun day.
I'm not quite sure what this week holds for us. Hopefully nothing too stressful or out of the ordinary. I'm a routine person, too much change makes me barf! :-) And for all of you who really know me, you know I'm serious about the Bafing thing.
Have a great week, hopefully I don't forget to post more.
No comments:
Post a Comment