Monday, July 7, 2008

A New Recipe

As you know, I love to cook, and I love to try new recipes. We had received this "light and healthy" free magazine thing at work. As I was looking through it the other day, this recipe for Lemon Chicken popped out at me. It looked so good, I have been dying to try it. We LOVE lemon chicken from the chinese department at Dillons, and so in my mind...I was going to make the same thing. Well, let me tell you...IT'S NOT THE SAME! Don't you think this picture looks really good?

Now look at what I made!!! I promise, I followed the directions. It called for 6 tablespoons of yellow mustard, and I only did 3. And in the words of JT...THIS IS DISGUSTING. He wasn't in trouble for saying that, but only because I agreed with him. I always like to have supper made for Joel when he gets off work, which is usually 10:30-11 p.m.. A lot of evenings he doesn't get supper at work so I like to have something for him when he gets home. I did make some pretty yummy homemade fried rice to go along with this chicken. At least one part of the meal was good!

1 comment:

Doug and Sarah said...

It looks and sounds delicious! We should exchange recipes sometime. I'm always looking for new meal ideas.