Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Soccer

JT is playing outdoor soccer this fall. He's had 2 practices. He should have had 5 practices and one game already, but we have had so much rain that they had all been cancelled.

His first practice last week was hard for me. There was this kid out there, a 6 year old, and he was a true bully. He was so mean to JT, pushed him, called him stupid, tripped him. JT fought back too. He got a talking to for that, but I also went up to the other kid and asked if his mom or dad were there. He said (with his big eyes staring up at me with fright) "yes" and I said " would you like me to go talk to them?" he said no, so I just told him to knock it off.

I told JT to yell in his face "STOP IT" if he tried anything tonight. Right away, that kid pushed him and JT yelled "STOP IT" and walked away. I was so proud! Then the kid proceeded to call him stupid. But after that, the kid looked at me and I gave him the "mean mama" look. He stopped. Numerous times through out the evening he and I made eye contact. Let's just say, by the end of practice, those 2 boys bumped into each other, and the "bully" said "hey JT, you ok?" Then lent him a hand and helped him up.

Here's come cute pics. One is of JT stopping the ball when he was goalie. The other is of him being a "ladies man" He's always with the ladies!

No comments: