Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Holiday Baking

The past few years I have really had fun doing some holiday baking. I'm making some favorite things that my mom has made, along with some new favorites.

Tonight I made peppernut dough. If you don't know what peppernuts are, they are tiny little dime size cookies. They have spices and anise oil in them. I don't know if this batch will turn out. It just didn't seem right. I hope it does.

Another one of my absolute favorites is homemade party mix. It's so much better than that stuff you buy in a bag at the store! I don't know why we only make it at Christmas time.

Last year a friend gave me a recipe for fudge, and it is the BEST fudge I have ever tasted. Here is the recipe!

Holiday Fudge
4 1/2 c. sugar
1 can evaporated milk
3 pkg. chocolate chips
1/2 lb. margarine
15 oz. marshmallow creme
1 t. vanilla
1 c. nuts (optional)
Cook sugar & milk to soft ball stage. Pour over other ingredients and mix. Pour into buttered pan. Makes 5 lbs.

No comments: