Thursday, November 5, 2009

Jeremiah 1 & 2

I need to spend more time in the Word. I pray for Jeremiah all the time, but sometimes I feel like I'm just not praying enough, or praying for that "right" thing. The Lord has really been telling me lately that I need to really draw closer to Him. Learn about Him and really get to know who He is, and who I am with Him.

I was thinking about what scriptures I could find that would help me pray for Jeremiah and his life situations. The Lord said "why don't you just read the book of Jeremiah?" So, I started out and read chapters 1 & 2. There was a lot of "new" stuff in there for me tonight, so I'm going to share it with you.

Jeremiah 1:5
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you., before you were born I set you apart..."
Lord Jesus, I pray for Jeremiah tonight. I pray that you keep him safe, that you let him know how much he is loved by us and by You. Lord I THANK you for making him the special guy that he is and Lord we look forward to learning what Your calling on his life is. AMEN.

Jeremiah 1:8
"Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord.
Lord, I pray against all fear that Jeremiah is feeling. Lord, you are a God of love and not fear. In the name I Jesus I cast out all fear that Jeremiah is feeling regarding his life and his future. Lord Jesus, wrap your loving arms around Jeremiah and don't let go. Let him feel you and learn to know and love you. Lord, help Joel and I to love him as much as you do. AMEN.

Jeremiah 2:32
Does a maiden forget her jewelry, a bride her wedding ornaments? Yet my people have forgotten me, days without number.
Lord I ask for your forgiveness. I ask that you forgive me for not setting aside time to talk to you and to listen to you. God, please help me to be diligent in spending time with you and being more diligent and praying for Jeremiah and our family. Lord, thank you that you are still there for me, even though I have "forgotten" you many times. Thank you for your saving grace and your love. AMEN.


***20 more days until court***
Pray Pray Pray....

1 comment:

Lisa Russell said...

How encouraging! Thank you. It's so good to pray the word too... so powerful! Love you