Sunday, June 29, 2008

If you look in this picture, on top of the red thing in the cage, you will see JT's great catch of the day. His new toad. Actually he caught it on Saturday, and I can't begin to tell you how many hours he spent in the back yard playing with that thing. GROSS...he's such a boy. If it's not a toad he's playing with, he's looking for worms. And some of his favorite bugs are rolley-polley's. I don't mind those so much. Except when he has a million of them in one jar. That kinda grosses me out. I guess it could be worse. He could like crickets or grasshoppers. He has also spent a great part of the weekend down at the neighbor's house. They have some turtles, and he says he needs to be over there to help watch them. I'm thinking..."watch them..what are they gonna do, run away?"

Joel is feeling much better today. Each day he's getting stronger. Thanks to all of you who have been praying for him.

I sat on my deck today. I say that as if I have never sat on it before. The truth is...We have lived in our house for over 2 years, and I have never sat on our deck. It's just a small deck on the west side of our house. It has been used for a "catch all" of junk. Well, my dad came over this weekend and helped finish cleaning up all that junk. Actually, he did all of the cleaning up of the junk. So tonight, I set up my lawn chair, ate my supper on the deck, and started reading a book. YES, I said reading a book. My secret sister from church gave me a book called "The Power of a Praying Parent." I read the first chapter and it was really good. Let's see how long it takes me to get to chapter 2.

This week looks to be pretty busy. We have make-up T-ball games on Monday & Tuesday evenings. Than the season is over. We have Chisholm Trail Festivel starting up this week. It goes on every year here. http://www.newtonctf.com/2008_CTF_flyer_word-rev7.pdf

They have different concerts and activities each night, a carnival, food vendors, parade, you name it. We usually take in quite a bit of it. Next Sunday is a community wide church service in the park. Our church is in charge of the praise and worship. I'm in the choir and we are singing 2 songs for it. It's tradition.

Have a great week.

1 comment:

Doug and Sarah said...

Hi Neighbors!

So glad to hear that Joel is feeling better and that Jeremiah is enjoying our new east side neighbors. I'm loving our new quiet street!!

Sarah