Friday, June 27, 2008

TGIF

That's all I can say right now is "TGIF"!! Since my last post, life at the Happy Hurd's has been pretty crazy. Joel had been feeling sick all day on Wednesday. We thought he had caught a cold or something. Well, finally about 8:30 at night, after sleeping for 4 1/2 hours, I woke him up. It was more than a cold. We ended up having his Dr. paged to call us. Needless to say, after talking to his Dr. he decided that it was best if we just brought Joel to the hospital as a direct admit! WHAT...NO E.R.? I thought, what in the world can be wrong with him if his Dr. thinks he needs to be admitted at 9 p.m.

Joel was showing a lot of symptoms of Meningitis. Thank you Lord, it's not that. Unfortunately, he had to endure a spinal tap, a lot of IV antibiotics, and lab draws. I'm happy to say, after work today, I stopped by his room, and he was ready to come home. They decided that he has some sort of viral infection. He will be taking it easy for a few days.

I'm tired. My mom helped out a lot with watching JT while I was doing hospital stuff. But I didn't sleep very well with out Joel here. First of all, he takes care of the dogs. I go to bed hours earlier than Joel, so the dogs are used to going out to pee around 1 a.m. Well, they just had to hold it because I was NOT going to get up and put them out at 1 a.m.

Secondly, I HATE thunderstorms. That is one of my main reasons years ago that I moved away from here. They just seem so violent. Of course last night, 2 a.m. Crash, Bang, Boom. Thunder, wind, rain. So what did I do? I prayed. I do feel safer when Joel is home with me during a storm.

We covet your prayers for Joel at this time as this has really drained him. He needs to get his physical strength back and be healed.

No comments: